Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 from 7:45 AM to 11:45 AM (EDT)
Join us for a full morning lineup on July 31st. We'll talk about sources of seed stage capital: accelerators, super angels, angel groups & more.
First we'll hear from Bob Young, co-founder and former CEO of Red Hat (NYSE:RHT) and current CEO/founder of Lulu. Bob will share his story of launching several businesses and raising money from angels, strategic investors and VCs for Red Hat.
Next we talk about the accelerator model and the benefits to entrepreneurs in their program.
- Chris Heivly, Triangle Startup Factory
- Adam Klein, Startup Stampede
- Jonathon Perrelli, General Partner, Fortify.vc and co-founder, TheFort.vc
- Adam Hill, Packard Place
Then, we will have a panel of angel investors and angel funds. We will talk about trends in seed stage investing and where they are looking to invest. Our panel includes:
- Greg Cangialosi, Managing Director, Baltimore Angels; Founder, Betamore
- Stein Kretsinger
- Craig Stone, Triangle Angel Partners
- Steve Vanderwoude, Madison River Ventures
To wrap it up, we will have a panel of entrepreneurs/founders who will share their stories of how they received angel funding. Subsequently, all of them have raised venture capital. Our panel includes:
- Robbie Allen, CEO, Automated Insights
- James Avery, CEO, Adzerk
- Luke Fishback, CEO, PlotWatt
- Eric Boggs, CEO Argyle Social
- 7:45am-8:15am - Registration, networking
- 8:15-8:35am - Bob Young
- 8:35-9:20am - Accelerator Panel
- 9:20am-9:30am - Coffee Break
- 9:30am-10:15am - Angel Panel
- 10:15am-11:00am - Founder Panel
- 11:00am-11:45am - Wrapup & Networking
Brier Creek Country Club (in Clubhouse)
9400 Club Hill Drive
Raleigh, NC 27617
Can't attend this event, but want to be notified of our future events? Sign up here.
Join the conversation on Twitter about Entrepreneur's Series #eseriesral
No refunds, sorry
When & Where
Southern Capitol Ventures
Founded in 2000, Southern Capitol Ventures is a Raleigh, NC-based venture capital firm. We focus on providing capital to leading software, e-commerce and digital media companies in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. To learn more about us, please visit www.southcap.com.